FPGA, Software Development & Simulation Engineer
Neptec UK is a growing and dynamic company based on the Harwell Campus in Oxfordshire. We are currently designing and building hardware/software for two major ESA programs (Proba-3 and Luna-Resource) as well as UKSA development projects. Come join Neptec UK and be involved in Europe’s next mission to the moon.
This role provides an opportunity to join a growing UK team developing instrumentation for several upcoming space missions, including a Lunar Lander. The successful candidate will be a technically minded individual with a keen interest in space.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mathematical modelling and simulation
- Responsible for FPGA & VHDL related contents for implementation of robust digital hardware
- Support to subcontractor coordination: Spacewire and other VHDL/SW developments
- Responsible for the Electronic Ground Support Equipment (EGSE)
- Responsible for the design and implementation of waveforms generators and feedback control for precise scanning systems
- Responsible for the design and implementation of telemetry / telecommand (TM/TC) and data handling capacities for complex aerospace sensors
- Preparation of technical documentation including test procedures, design specifications and engineering change notices
- Development of simulator software modules representing instrument performance
- Opportunities to shape future projects and enabling technologies
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- University degree in electronic engineering or equivalent
- Excellent written communication
- Strong background in design and testing
- Experience with FPGA tools (Xilinx, Actel preferred)
- Able to independently apply engineering principles to complex projects relating to product or tool design
- Matlab or Python
- General knowledge on microcontrollers and digital electronics
- Control of imaging detectors (CMOS APS or similar).
- Familiarity with formal configuration control methods;
- Experience working on military/aerospace programs would be an asset
- Experience with ECSS standards
- Knowledge of designing for harsh environments
- Eager to learn new skills
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU?
If so, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com quoting the job title.
Neptec offers a competitive compensation package to commensurate with experience.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Neptec UK will ensure the accessibility needs for persons with disabilities are accommodated during the recruitment process. Please advise us of any requirements. Information received relating to accessibility requirements will be addressed confidentially.